PowerWallet Plus Showcases Innovative FinTech & InsurTech Integration at InsureTech Connect Conference
From the start of 2010, an unprecedented amount of money has been poured into FinTech start-ups around the world. Venture capitalists, private equity firms, corporates and a host of other players have invested more than $50 billion in 2,500 firms since 2010, making the FinTech industry one of the most exciting prospects of the modern economy. After years of investment, FinTech is now reaching maturity and achieving a mainstream position in the marketplace. Insurers must ask themselves to what extent they want to be involved in the FinTech revolution.
As the FinTech industry has reached maturity, there has been a greater level of diversification in the market. Previously untouched industries are now being put under the microscope, and the insurance industry is emerging as the next big thing. Where before FinTech has been focussed on retail payments, now strategy and investment are setting their sights on the insurance industry. In 2015, global investment in InsurTech more than tripled from the previous year , signalling a significant change in the scope and strategy of the insurance industry.
Investors in InsurTech are seeking to disrupt and enhance traditional practices within the industry. FinTech start-ups are divided between being collaborative or competitive. Competitive FinTechs pose two main threats to the insurance industry - loss of revenue, and loss of relevance. On the other hand, collaborative FinTechs can offer insurers, amongst other things, reduced operating costs. Investors are beginning to favour collaborative FinTechs, realizing the benefits from welcoming enhancement to their practices rather than fighting disruption from an emergent industry player. Total investment in FinTech start-ups favoured collaboration, with investment rising from 44% in 2014, to 70% in 2015. Investment in competitive FinTechs reduced from 56% in 2014, to 30% in 2015. Insurers must guarantee their future security by welcoming InsurTech companies with open arms.
InsurTech offers a golden opportunity to revolutionize the industry. Most insurers are still tied to a traditional business model, based on pooling risk, calculating average pricing and generating gross premium income. This model is increasingly under threat from digital technologies, such as wearable devices, smart objects and connected cars. Where there is a threat, there is also an opportunity - these innovative technologies offer a new, rich data source, providing new possibilities for underwriting, increasing customer centricity and reducing costs.
InsurTech companies have the ability to transform the operational practices of the insurance industry, to the benefit of both business and customer. 67% of all InsurTech deals have been involved companies who specialize in insurance automation, and 80% of all funding has been for non-life insurance innovation. For example, Censio has developed software that automatically monitors and measures driver data for auto insurers. Similarly, Oscar Health Insurance has partnered with wearable-device company Misfit, rewarding healthy customers by automatically linking their biometric information to their health insurance. The advantages of embracing InsurTech are plain for all to see - it is essential that insurers do not get left behind the rest of the financial world.
A great way to achieve all of these goals is to implement a personal financial management tool, such as the PowerWallet Plus personal financial management platform. It is available now to be white-labelled and branded specifically for your business! PowerWallet Plus is now offering new customers an opportunity to try product for free. The free trial period of your license will last for thirty (30) days after your white label site has been launched. We will design and supply a qualified and approved company with a completed, branded, white label personal financial management site. The site will contain the look, feel and branding provided by the company and will be maintained by PowerWallet Plus.
Sign up for your free trial and to learn the benefits of implementing a 100% safe, secure and reliable financial wellness solution into your business model - white-labelled and branded for your company!
Whether you're an insurance company looking for a great value-add for your customers, an HR director looking for a FinTech wellness solution for your employees, or a business looking for an additional product to sell as a stand-alone or to add to your bundled products, we can fill that need.
Out of almost 128 million workers in the U.S. economy, 90% struggle to manage their money effectively - and aren't strategically or consistently planning for retirement.
As a result, more and more successful companies like yours are taking a vested interest in financial wellness by helping clients better manage their personal finances.
Get your FREE TRIAL of our personal financial management platform today! Help your clients take the next step with a financial wellness solution connected to over 14,000 financial institutions - providing them with a holistic view of their assets, liabilities, cash flow, goals and budgets.
- Life Insurance 2.0 & the Death of the Health Exam
- Insurance Accelerators: Fueling Innovation
- Peer-to-Peer Insurance: Mutual by Another Name or Transformative Innovation?
- Insurance Industry Innovators: An Asian Perspective
- Insurance Applications of Blockchain
- Insurance Industry Should Get Ready to Embrace Loyalty Marketing
- Ideas 42 Applies Behavioral Economics to Insurance
- Global Insurtech Trends to Watch for in 2017
- Implementing Analytics for Tangible Results, as Explained by Dax Craig of Valen Analytics
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence: Applications for Insurance
- Maddock Douglas, Why We Are At InsureTech
- Everything You Need to Know about MarTech for Insurance Companies
- The Launch of Carpe Data
- Issues in the Insurance Industry according to Caribou Honig, Chairman & Cofounder of InsureTech Connect
- Consumer Auto: Evolution or Revolution?
- A.I. for Agriculture and the Insurance Implications as Explained by Adam Smith of Descartes Labs
- The Rise of InsurTech Investment
- Jornaya - The Power of Intent
- The Gig is Up in the Insurance Industry I Insurance Revenue
- Business Insurance Innovators
- Google Shuts Down Its Insurance Comparison Product
- How Much Money Insurance Agents Make
- How Will Self Driving Cars Effect Auto Insurance
- Insurance Industry Disrupters
- Insurance Technology Industry Conference
- Insurance Tech Startups Landscape
- Investments Into Insurance Tech Startups Are Growing
- More Insurers Are Partnering With IoT Companies To Offer Fantastic Consumer Discounts
- Peer to Peer Insurance Innovation
- Practical Matters of Insurance Tech Start up
- What will Insurance Tech Change
- Why Google Shuts Down Its Insurance Comparison Website
- Why Multi Product Insurance Shopping Portal is a Good Idea