Insurance Tech Startups Landscape
With an onslaught of new tech startups, here are the top 125 players you need to be aware of in the insurance technology landscape. Venture capitalists, corporate investors and other private insurance companies are all supporting the newest life, health, property and casualty insurance applications.
Here is the industry table called the Periodic Table of Insurance Tech. This valuable visual tool clearly outlines the key players in the quickly-growing insurance tech landscape.
How to Read the Periodic Table of Insurance Tech
There are a total of ten categories color-coded to cover the main insurance tech groups. The left side of the table focuses on insurance companies such as:
- Health Insurance - Several health insurance companies are represented ranging from health insurance carriers such as Oscar Health to insurance comparison and search engines like HealthSherpa and Stride Health. Also included are insurance software brokerage firms like Zenefits.
- Auto Insurance - The auto insurance startups that made our table include mobile claims apps like Snapsheet, usage-based insurance platforms like Metromile and Censio as well as insurance comparison sites like Goji and Coverhound.
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Insurance - Innovative P2P insurance businesses like Friendsurance and Guevara are turning heads with their success.
- Small Business Insurance - Commercial insurance companies that help small business owners include Embroker, Finanzchef24 and Insureon.
- Insurance Industry Software - Insurance industry software companies like Quantemplate and fraud detection businesses like Shift Technology made our list.
- Mobile Insurance Management - You will also see popular mobile apps like GetSafe and Knip that help customers buy and manage their insurance policies.
- Product Insurance - Insurance companies that protect and track smartphones and laptops are represented on our table as well.
- On the right side of the table, you will notice that the private insurance companies transition to corporate investors, venture capital firms and accelerators/incubators. The criteria used for placing these insurance investors on the table included their recent investments into insurance tech startups and the number of portfolio investments made in this industry.
- Corporate Investors - Corporate investors on our list are conventional companies such as MassMutual, Transamerica and Google.
- Venture Capital Firms - Venture capital firms who made the table show businesses with investments from $25 million to over $1 billion.
- Accelerators/Incubators - The accelerators or startup incubators usually combine their funds into mentorship, equity investment and company development. Some insurance tech names to watch for in this category include Global Insurance Accelerator and Startup Bootcamp Insurance.
- Life Insurance 2.0 & the Death of the Health Exam
- Insurance Accelerators: Fueling Innovation
- Peer-to-Peer Insurance: Mutual by Another Name or Transformative Innovation?
- Insurance Industry Innovators: An Asian Perspective
- Insurance Applications of Blockchain
- Insurance Industry Should Get Ready to Embrace Loyalty Marketing
- Ideas 42 Applies Behavioral Economics to Insurance
- Global Insurtech Trends to Watch for in 2017
- Implementing Analytics for Tangible Results, as Explained by Dax Craig of Valen Analytics
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence: Applications for Insurance
- Maddock Douglas, Why We Are At InsureTech
- Everything You Need to Know about MarTech for Insurance Companies
- The Launch of Carpe Data
- Issues in the Insurance Industry according to Caribou Honig, Chairman & Cofounder of InsureTech Connect
- Consumer Auto: Evolution or Revolution?
- A.I. for Agriculture and the Insurance Implications as Explained by Adam Smith of Descartes Labs
- The Rise of InsurTech Investment
- Jornaya - The Power of Intent
- The Gig is Up in the Insurance Industry I Insurance Revenue
- Business Insurance Innovators
- Google Shuts Down Its Insurance Comparison Product
- How Much Money Insurance Agents Make
- How Will Self Driving Cars Effect Auto Insurance
- Insurance Industry Disrupters
- Insurance Technology Industry Conference
- Insurance Tech Startups Landscape
- Investments Into Insurance Tech Startups Are Growing
- More Insurers Are Partnering With IoT Companies To Offer Fantastic Consumer Discounts
- Peer to Peer Insurance Innovation
- Practical Matters of Insurance Tech Start up
- What will Insurance Tech Change
- Why Google Shuts Down Its Insurance Comparison Website
- Why Multi Product Insurance Shopping Portal is a Good Idea